MAGENTO 1X TO MAGENTO 2X
Magento has announced that Support for Magento 1 is Ending in June 2020 and yes, this is a big deal. An unsupported platform is at high risky to be used, especially when the platform is a fundamental part of your business. If you are still on Magento 1, now is the time to go for it. The quicker the better.
In November 2015, Magento announced the new 2.0 platform for enterprise and community editions. The impending release of this new version sent waves through the Magento community. Some were excited for the change, while others felt Magento 1 was suitable for their ecommerce needs.
Magento 1 was officially retired in 2020 – Adobe, its owner, ceased support. That’s more than the reason to upgrade if you haven’t to! But we’ll discuss some more in-depth considerations.
Magento 2.0 and higher versions are not just and addons or upgrades to your Magento store but it is everything that your store can possibly become in the near future a brand new version of legacy technology. It has the power to transform your online store to the next level of successful money machine. By migrating to the latest Magento version i.e., 2.3.2 it is possible to get a bucket full of new features that were not accessible in Magento 1.
In addition to this, your checkout process gets swift and your page loading time improves when you migrate to the latest version of Magento 2. On top of this, if you are someone who likes to take full advantage of SEO for your eCommerce store, Magento 2 provides enhanced SEO options that make the user experience positive. It even has enhanced functions for the store admin like never before!
WHY MIGRATE YOUR M 1 STORE TO M 2?
Magento 2 and key features:
- Flexible architecture for front end and backend
- Improved performance and scalability
- User-friendly interface
- Enhanced user experience
- Mobile-friendly design and theme layout
- User-friendly checkout
- Better admin panel that offers an easy way to create or upload products
- Responsiveness and SEO friendly to improve the SERPs and search engine visibility
Additionally, payment providers like Visa are mandating the migration of Magento store in order to be PCI DSS compliant. This is because, after EOL for Magento 1, no security patches will be released for new vulnerabilities and the store will be exposed to them. For PCI DSS compliance, merchants require to be able to demonstrate that their implementation maintains the security systems as per the official standards.
BUILDING AND TESTING OF MAGENTO 2.X
Before upgrading Magento, there are a few of the important steps that have to be taken. These can be said as the preparation platform that is needed for the upgrade. The important steps that are taken:
- Magento 2.X system has to be set using topology. This system has to be of such design that can match with the Magento 1.X system that already exists.
- Professionalism is not just known by the technologies used, but also the skills that are being invested. Experts will always replicate Magento 1.X system so that in case of any kind of error or unexpected accidents, the data can stay safe.
- Now Magento 2.X is installed on a device that has the required system requirements.
- Now when the preparations are done for the migration, it is time to complete the upgrade. For the upgrading of the system, there are a few steps that have to be taken such as theme migration, extension migration, customizations migration, and data migration. These steps also need to be taken carefully so that nothing wrong is exported or migrated during the process to upgrade Magento 1.X to Magento 2.X